Installation and troubleshooting guide to Popcorn Times on IOS
- How to install popcorn time on your iOS device.
- Before installation
- Download and install on your iOS device
- After Installation
- Troubleshooting Guide
- installation doesn’t go to the next step
- VPN is not compatible
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you are an owner of an iOS device and thinking of a way to stream free movie and TV series, you will find benefits by reading this article.
Since its debut in 2014 popcorn time iOS version has taken by movie and TV series buffs by Strom. This application allows you to stream movies without either having to produce your credit card or jailbreaking your device. For the time being, popcorn time remain as the biggest rivalry to premium services like Netflix.
So, in this article we are going to how to install and troubleshoot of popcorn time application. First, we’ll be looking at how to download this app.
How to install popcorn time on your iOS device
In one of our previous articles, we were able to guide you through how to download and install the Popcorn Time application on your iOS device. In case if you haven’t read that article here we are going to explain that procedure in a nutshell.
Here are some important aspects to consider before downloading popcorn time on your iOS device.
1. Keep your phone upgraded to the latest iOS version.
2. Keep the date and time settings off from automatic states
3. Always stick to the original popcorn time website when downloading the app, to not fall for malicious versions or malware.
4. Keep iTunes downloaded to your PC.
5. Download a reliable VPN service.
Download and install on your iOS device
1. Download the iOS installer either to your Windows or MAC device from the official site.
2. Connect your device to your computer via a cable.
3. You’ll be asked, If you trust the device and tap on trust to continue the installation process
4. Turn on your phone’s airplane mode and keep it on throughout the process of installation.
5. Now you can open the application without turning off the airplane mode.
6. Tap on the popcorn-time icon and tap trust.
7. All is finalized.
1. Set the date and time setting to automatically status.
Knowing the possible troubles and how to solve them may come in handy if you encounter any troubles while installation. So, now we are going to look into some probable issues you have to face while downloading Popcorn Time on your device.
I’m stuck on step two of downloading popcorn time, what am I supposed to do?
If your popcorn-time installation doesn’t go to the next step, follow the following solutions.
Solution 1 – Force reboot your device
How to force start iOS
a. First press and release the volume up button.
b. Secondly press and release the volume down button.
c. Finally, press and hold the power button until the logo of Apple appears.
Solutions 2 – Restore your phone through iTunes
Before beginning the process of restoration, keep your data backed up.
How to backup and restore your iPhone
1. Switch off your iPhone.
2. Open up your iTunes application on your computer.
3. Connect your device to your computer through the lighting cable.
4. Go to the iPhone icon and click on the iPhone icon on the iTunes application.
5. Go to the summary section and set automatically select to back up this computer and select encrypt local backups.
5. Now, a message will pop up asking you to reset your password. Type in a password and keep it remembers and click set password. Now iTunes has started to back up your phone and this make take a while.
6. Now turn off the find my device option via settings and click the restore backup button and you’ll be asked to enter the previously used password.
Done and dusted.
Solution 3 – Use a system recovery software
You may use the system either premium recovery software like TunesKit, Joyoshare UltFix, or free software like Fix My iPhone without having to worry about any data loss.
As the recovery procedure of almost all of the above-mentioned software is quite similar to each other, here we’ll be explaining the recovery procedure using one of the most trusted software, TuneKit.
How to recover your iPhone using TuneKit.
Whether you have a windows or mac computer you can use this software.
1. Download the tune kit app from its official site.
2. Open the app on your windows computer.
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer via lightning cable.
4. Click on the start button
5. Choose a mode out of two standards and advanced and click next. Select the standard mode to proceed without any data loss.
6. Select the device mode out of five available modes and select next.
5. Now as you can see, follow the given steps to put your device into Direct
Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode.
6. After bringing your device into DFU mode, download the firmware package and choose your device’s specification.
7. Then click on download. A package of 6.17GB will be downloaded to your device.
8. Once downloading process is completed click the repair button.
9. A message will show up saying that your repair is completed.
Apart from the stuck-on steps issue, this may be a viable solution to the error code 4101 ‘something went wrong, iOS crash on startup issues, software download failures, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode, white Apple logo, and black screen.
Solution 4 – Contact Apple store
If all of these above three solutions don’t seem to work and still having the same issue, you may have to contact the apple store.
How to contact the apple store
If you are in the USA simply get in touch with the Apple team by dialing 1-800-275-2273.Always be prepared to produce your Apple ID, which you will find under the About section in Settings when contacting.
If you are not living in the United States, you still can contact apple custom care support service.
VPN is not compatible
Almost all of the VPN services have got their list of applications that their app is compatible with. In such a case, we would recommend you use VPN services like pure VPN or Express VPN.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is popcorn time application allowed by Apple?
2. Does popcorn time installation void my apple warranty?
No. As popcorn time installation doesn’t involve any jailbreaking, you no longer have to be cautious about warranty any issues.
3. Can I install popcorn time on my jailbreak devices?
Yes. You can find this app on the Cydia store.
4. Can I download movies using popcorn time software?
5. Does the speed of my internet connection affect my streaming and downloading speed?
As we have previously mentioned in our other blog posts popcorn time software is powered by Bit Torrent technology. As a result, the number of seeders of the torrent that you are going to download affects as well as your internet speed.
6. What if cannot find the content that I want to watch in popcorn time?
In that case, you may have to wait until it is added to the popcorn time or you may request it from popcorn time admins by simply logging into the popcorn forum.
In this article, we have thought addressing pretty common issues that popcorn time iOS users have to face while downloading, installing, and using this app, as well as the downloading and installing PT on your iOS device. If you encounter any further issues concerning popcorn time installation as an iOS user, please feel free to either comment on them below or you can always turn to the popcorn-time forum official website to get you all popcorn time iOS burning issues get clarified.